The 2016-2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS and 2017-2020 ZL1 are powerful machines. The supercharged ZL1 and the naturally aspirated SS produce a ton of heat. Heat is the enemy of horsepower. We took our expertise in dynamic pressure recovery ram ducts and applied it to the 2017-2020 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and 2016-2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS to give you the best bang for the buck mod for this platform.
Boost mass air flow with higher inlet pressures from a true ram inlet and smash your inlet temps back to ambient to keep your engine much happier. Keep your Camaro breathing so it's working to its peak, make sure it breathes through Velossa Tech.
Designed in-house right here in the USA with the latest aerospace CFD fluid flow simulation techniques and methods, backed by hours and hours of R&D, fitment testing and real world driving, we are sure you will fall in love with American made quality and engineering.
- Works with ANY existing cold air intake, stock or aftermarket
- Maximum performance design, optimized inlet and convergent duct
- 28 color options to choose from
- All hardware included
- Finished smooth, for maximum airflow
- OEM fitment
- No permanent modification necessary
- No tune necessary (although beneficial if you tune with the BIG MOUTH)
- Made in the USA
How It Works
As a car moves through the air, the air pressure directly in front of the bumper increases with the square of speed. The BIG MOUTH is strategically designed and positioned for maximum air pressure recovery. Basically, it feeds your current intake with higher pressure air. It is the same concept as driving below sea level where the air pressure is higher, except you are able to generate higher inlet pressures with a properly design ram duct such as the BIG MOUTH.
Increasing the inlet absolute pressure to your engine has profound effects on performance. Increases in air mass flow, reduction in wastegate duty cycle (for turbo vehicles) and reduced inlet and charge temps are some of the benefits of running a properly designed ram inlet. On top of all that awesome performance comes the BIG MOUTH growl and sinister stare, it sounds and looks great!
Scope: To capture real-world data and capture efficiency metrics.
- Test Date: 3/19/2020-3/20/2020
- Test subject: CCNC
- 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
- Roto Fab Big Gulp
- Flex fuel kit (E41 during test)
- PCM/TCM Calibration (did not change calibration for testing)
- Perform 5 minute idle log (closed loop) and record highest temperature from IAT1.
- Perform 5 minute drive and record average temperature from IAT-1.
- Perform 2 minute idle log followed by smooth acceleration to 40mph and record time to cool (target was OAT or below).
- Perform 10 minute city drive and record average reading from IAT-1.
- Perform hard acceleration from 0-100mph and record time to cool (OAT or below) following pull.
- Perform hard acceleration from 40-120mph and record time to cool (OAT or below) following pull.
- Tests were performed using HPTuners Scanner and Monitoring IAT-1 data. Tests were conducted pre-install and post-install utilizing the same exact procedures and routes.
- Pre-install test was performed 3/19/2020 from 3:45PM PST-9:45PM PST.
- Outside air temperature was 59 degrees F. Humidity 75%. DA 510 feet.
Post-install test was performed 3/20/2020 from 3:45 PM PST-9:47PM PST.
- Outside air temperature was 59 degrees F. Humidity 76%. DA 527 feet.
Want your Chevrolet Camaro to stand out? The BIG MOUTH is the only ram air system for the 2016-2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS and 2017-2020 Camaro ZL1 that allows you to choose from over 28 colors, giving you the added edge of customization, with over two dozen different variations available.
Installation can be done with basic hand tools. We supply all straight forward color instructions (downloadable below), backed with our Customer Support phone number to help guide if any questions arise. All hardware is always included (if necessary) in our BIG MOUTH Ram Air kits.
NOTE: Rain or snow do not adversely affect the engine once a BIG MOUTH is installed.
When people see that massive inlet through the grille, they'll know it's Velossa Tech!