Real-World Test Results for the 2017-2020 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and 2016-2018 Camaro SS BIG MOUTH Ram Air Intake Snorkel
Scope: To capture real-world data and capture efficiency metrics.
- Test Date: 3/19/2020-3/20/2020
- Test subject: CCNC
- 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
- Roto Fab Big Gulp
- Flex fuel kit (E41 during test)
- PCM/TCM Calibration (did not change calibration for testing)
- Perform 5 minute idle log (closed loop) and record highest temperature from IAT1.
- Perform 5 minute drive and record average temperature from IAT-1.
- Perform 2 minute idle log followed by smooth acceleration to 40mph and record time to cool (target was OAT or below).
- Perform 10 minute city drive and record average reading from IAT-1.
- Perform hard acceleration from 0-100mph and record time to cool (OAT or below) following pull.
- Perform hard acceleration from 40-120mph and record time to cool (OAT or below) following pull.
- Tests were performed using HPTuners Scanner and Monitoring IAT-1 data. Tests were conducted pre-install and post-install utilizing the same exact procedures and routes.
- Pre-install test was performed 3/19/2020 from 3:45PM PST-9:45PM PST.
- Outside air temperature was 59 degrees F. Humidity 75%. DA 510 feet.
Post-install test was performed 3/20/2020 from 3:45 PM PST-9:47PM PST.
- Outside air temperature was 59 degrees F. Humidity 76%. DA 527 feet.